Succeeding in business takes persistence, commitment and drive to succeed, while implementing an impeccable work ethic and a positive mental attitude highlights your drive to succeed. Gaining confidence, knowing your strengths and taking action towards your goals provides you the stamina necessary to get where you are going, and keeps you moving forward.
Here are 7 skills to Gain an Edge, Stand Out from the Crowd
- Know your goals. Have clear definitive goals on what you want to accomplish in business such as job title, salary, company you want to work for, and work you do. These goals give you a structure to work in, like a road map. By staying focused on your business goals you’ll pay attention to opportunities, take action towards your goals and keep moving forward.
- Think outside the box. Businesses today are looking for leaders who are willing to lead the way, to bring ideas to the table with creative thinking. Be an asset to a company by providing them valuable ways to solve problems and come up with new ways to generate income or provide better service.
- Know your strengths. Building yourself up as an asset to your company, a valuable team player, requires you to know what strengths you bring to the business. Knowing your best skills, where you shine, provides you a way to communicate and act from focus, while asking for collaboration and cooperation with others creates a business team that leads to results. By taking action from your place of power, your strengths, you open yourself to greater confidence, clarity in your communication style and showcase your ability to lead.
- Stay in the game. Take action, take initiative. Being able to consistently challenge yourself, growing with new opportunities and a willingness to be uncomfortable gives you the skills and courage to stay in the game. Business is not about being easy, it’s about challenging yourself to be your best and making it look easy.
- Take chances. One of the greatest skill sets that successful business men and women have is the ability to trust their instinct/intuition and take chances. Chances provide you the opportunity to stretch yourself, to test your limits. It’s gives you the experience necessary to learn. Chances lead to success and to failure and failure is an important step in the process. It’s not failure unless you stay down. It’s the getting up where strength, courage, inner worth and desire to succeed are produced. The more chances you take the better you get at taking them.
- Use your instinct and intuition, trust it. Instinct and intuition are an internal compass, pointing you in the direction to go. It takes skill, time, patience and practice to use them well. Time alone, reading, meditating, working out, yoga, fishing, being in nature are some ways to provide you the resources you need to build your instinct and intuition. Listen to your inner voice, trust in the wisdom, the actions to take and your ability to succeed.
- Surround yourself with like minded people. People who succeed spend time with others who succeed, think of it as “The Success Club”. They hold each other up, celebrate successes, build you up and know you’re on the move. People with goals, visions and direction have no time for stories, problems or distractions. Find people who have the success you want and spend time with them, join their circle of friendship. Attend events with other success driven people. Go be the successful business man/woman you want to be.
Create a plan, have a vision and go out and get it. Succeeding in business requires you to do the personal work necessary to grow, step out on a limb and take flight. Be bold, be courageous and be the woman or man everyone wants to do business with.
Illuminating the riches within
Priestess of Passion