While I believe many in society have lost touch with the inner most intimate part of themselves, I don’t believe it was intentional. I see it as a lack of tools, support, programs and a model for society to not pay attention to that aspect of themselves.
That in and of itself has caused a disconnect, a separation of self.
What I have found is within this inner most intimate part of yourself is the richness, fullness, satisfaction and joy you have been looking for. One of the most intimate parts of yourself is your sensuality. Sensuality gives you the pleasure to experience things from a very powerful place, touching the aspects of yourself that feel, see, hear, taste and touch. How would your world change if you understood how essential your sensuality is for quality of living?
So why would anyone choose to turn that aspect of themselves off? I don’t believe we have consciously made that choice, and I know, we have the power to turn it back on to fuel our lives, when we understand the power it holds for us.
When we come from a place of nourishing our sensuality, your senses, you release the power, money, time and lack have over you. You step into a world where your experiences hold meaning, keeping your focus and bringing you pleasure, including your feelings and emotions let loose into more freedom, passion and ecstasy.
You see, if the focus has always been on the pain, the struggle, competition, or getting more, you close yourself off to finding the entryway, the pathway to pleasure. Sure, things may get uncomfortable, even painful, yet that’s your cue to find your sensuality. Where have you been holding back, pretending, feeling guilty, or shame, or expecting things to be easy about wanting what you want, about being so open, receptive in your sensuality.
To ask for what you want and Know, what you want is important, validated and true.
Sensuality asks you nourish your senses through environment, relationship, foods, clothing, sex, movement, and self love. Self Love means putting yourself first. For me, sensuality is a feeling that touches my spirit from head to toe, opening me up, caressing my skin, bathing my energy in sunlight and seducing me into actions that feel good.
Let go. Find freedom. Sensuality invites you to explore, to let go of expectations and to revel in the moment.
The first step to Self Love through Sensuality is stop the self inflicted pain. Here are 5 Tools to begin delighting in your Sensuality:
- Find some quiet space, settle into yourself. Notice your feelings, your emotions. Be present to them, allow them to be. Set out small pieces of different tastes, textures and colors of food. As you take one small piece at a time, chew slowly, notice your feelings and emotions. Feel them. What nourishes feelings of pleasure? What are you open to receiving? Can you appreciate feeling free? Can you let go, allowing joy, pleasure and ecstasy to embrace your whole body?
- Take time to write out your vision or goal. Look at it. Feel it. How do you need to feel to accomplish your goal? That require you to let go of putting other people first. To achieve your vision you must feel worthy. You must feel capable of accomplishment. You must be true to yourself. Honor your self worth.
- Start a fitness plan. Find a fitness program that will encourage all of you, mind body spirit. A fitness program which steadies your mind, fuels your spirit and opens your body, all connecting to your heart. I choose yoga as my fitness program. It grounds me into my present, while channeling my spirit. I can feel all of me, allowing my sensuality of movement to be an expression of me.
- Stop following the crowds. Take time to find out what you want. Spend time in nature, let go of having everything everyone else has. Find beauty in your uniqueness.
- Luxuriate your body. Find natural simple products, less is more. Have a massage, indulge in a spa day, schedule a full day unplugged with your significant other. Find the beauty, joy and pleasure of you.
Sensuality, the aspect of you that says,
YES I LOVE MYSELF
Illuminating the Riches Within
Priestess of Passion