Nourishing Your Roots and Finding Fulfillment
Body Mind Spirit
As a Fitness & Lifestyle Expert, looking through the lens of health and wellness, I see many women struggle with finding the necessary movement, nutrition and lifestyle practices that nourish who they are. With so much information out there about which exercise program to do, what type of cardio exercise and how intense it must be, to nutrition plans that can be seen as rigid and a daunting task.
I’m here as an advocate; nourish your roots, and find fulfillment body mind spirit.
Your roots are made up of your beliefs, habits, thoughts, feelings, emotions, environment and lifestyle choices.
Often times, when women struggle with weight and body issues, they are rooted through family beliefs, labels you took on, and ways your environment has reflected back to you. Often time, they are not based in compassion, love, and most importantly truth.
Women, for so long have been judged based on their bodies, and this does nothing for the Truth of who she is and the beauty of her Spirit.
What this has caused, is women of all ages to stifle her true feelings and emotions. To hide the hurt, pain, shame and guilt she has taken on because of her belief of her body.
There is a coldness, a hurt so deep, that it becomes unbearable, so she shuts down her own true feelings.
What I have found time and time again, it’s not specifically the food, nutrition, or movement that interferes with a woman and her body. It’s a deeper emotional connection, or really lack of deep connection within themselves and with others. Her own sense of security with who she is as a woman.
Emotions and feelings hold the power to Free YOU.
Committing to a practice redefining your beliefs, taking inspired action, and leaning into your deep wounds of pain, shame, hurt and guilt to let them go. This is the place where you “stuff down” your feelings, “comfort yourself”, mainly, because it’s the only way you know how. This was put into place long before you were a grown woman.
The first thing every woman needs is a safe space to express her true self. Some place or someone who can see her, hear her and recognize her bright Spirit.
Your emotions and feelings are the essence of your Spirit, the seat of your soul, it’s how you relate to your inner world which creates your outer world.
Here is a list of 5 Practices to put into place to Nourish Your Roots and Find Fulfillment
1. Alone time, with your thoughts feelings and emotions. Give yourself permission to be with your thoughts, feelings and emotions around your body, your weight and self image. Find within yourself the ability to comfort yourself, sooth yourself with being present and engaged with your true feelings. This means practice, self love, compassion, non-judgment and allowing (see my blog post on the practice of allowing). Often times, it’s the chatter, and chaos of the mind which holds the limitations. What happens here, is you soften. You open, you allow a new, more truthful and passionate feeling to bubble up. This is the beginning of letting go of the old ways, and gives you the grounds to build your new foundation, Body, Mind, Spirit.
2. Find a movement practice that inspires you. Now, movement is not for the idea of losing weight or putting your body under stress of “a workout”. This type of movement practice I’m encouraging is to turn off your active mind, tune into your emotions, feelings and listen from within, having the movement inspire your actions. Maybe a walk in nature, a stretch class, a yoga class, a dance class, a walk on the beach, even walking on the treadmill. Allow the movement to inspire you, to free your mind. Breathe, take in the opportunity to be present and begin anew. This is where great transformation happens.
3. Find community that supports you. Finding like minded women and men that enjoy and can relate to the values you relate to. This is pivotal. A community such as Church, Temple, Gym, Studio, Organizations of Philanthropy and Giving. An essential aspect of community is that there is no judgment AND, they believe in the power of community to create change. Something to be mindful of here, this is not a support group. It’s not meant to rehash or go over the problem and issue. Quite the opposite. They hold you high and know your potential, encourage you to grow and take inspired action to create the changes you desire.
4. Cultivating Joy in your life. Joy is a powerful emotion. Joy, has the capability to empower you in any situation under any circumstance. Make it simple. Learn to tap into and lean on your Joy. Now, Joy is initiated through your senses, smell, taste, touch, sight, feel. You must allow Joy to flow through you. Let’s say, when you have a plate of food, allow your sense to turn on and tune in. Uncover your Joy in the meal. Other ways to cultivate Joy, essential oils, time in an art museum, a bubble bath, a glass of wine, quiet time with a cup of coffee, the feel of something soft, putting on something that makes you feel beautiful, listening to soothing music, watching a sunset, anything that inspires your senses. Listen to the true nature of your heart and soul.
5. Let Go. Let go of people, places and things that no longer nourish your Spirit. Letting Go is an act of Faith. Not a religious faith, a Faith in believing in the Power you do have. The power you have over food, the power you have over your current circumstances and the power you have to move forward. Letting go is an act of courage and strength. In order to make peace with your body, with food, and self image, you must let go of everything which created the circumstance and beliefs in the first place. It’s a surrender an acceptance of where you are. It’s in this space you decide to see things different and take the necessary steps to create a new outcome. This is where you build your practice from 1-4 to match what you desire, the body and relationship with your body the way you want.
These 5 steps, when put into a personal practice can transform any situation. The recognition that your environment, beliefs, thoughts, actions and lifestyle affect you on a very deep and personal level AND can be changed.
When you nourish your roots, the core of who you are, you allow yourself the gift of transformation.
And it’s this gift, the simple practices that open you, that touch your soul so deeply, richly and fulfilling you unfold, removing the cocoon and spreading your wings to fly.
Light as a Feather ….Body Mind Spirit
Illuminating the Riches Within
Priestess of Passion
Check out our latest Program, Nourishment for Fulfillment Mind Body Spirit Bringing All of You to the Table
beginning October 26 Nourishment for Fulfillment